Friday, April 8, 2011

Update on MRI and leg weakness

I just realized that I have not given an update on Hailey. Well, Hailey has had both a PT Evaluation, and an MRI of her brain.

The PT noted that Hailey had weakness in her hips, and upper body. She said it was significant enough for Hailey to receive PT.  We have had 1 PT session, and we have daily exercises that Hailey is to do at home. She has done pretty  well with these exercises.

The MRI showed no change in the size of the Chiari, and did not she a block in her CSF. However, Hailey did start complaining that her leg was falling asleep and hurting. So her Pediatrician called and talked with the NS herself, which resulted in the NS ordering a full spin MRI to check out the Syrinx. He also got us in for an office visit to discuss the issues and the result of the MRI for next week. I hope we can shine some light on what is going on with our little missy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.