Wednesday, March 16, 2011

When Meds Fail

When meds work, they work. But when meds fail, they REALLY fail. Hailey’s meds shave failed, but there’s nothing we can do about it. We went to her meds Doctor last  week to talk about how bad the meds are failing, and as standard procedure she did a Neuro check, and discovered that Hailey did in fact have exaggerated reflexes. Because that indicates Neurological damage she refused to do anything with her meds.

We had already seen the pediatrician about this issue, and already have an MRI, PT Eval set up, and a referral sent to a Neurologist. I had hoped that Hailey was faking the problems with her legs, and that it was a side effect of her meds, but that’s not the case. In the meantime we are left with failing meds.

When meds fail school work is impossible  suffers. Family time works only because we are able to ignore look past her erotic behavior. She becomes so emotional and cries at the drop of a hat, and don’t you dare say the word, “NO” to her or you may be forced to endure more crying. Her brother becomes a target for her EXTREAM BOSSYNESS, and her impulse control is pretty much gone. On top of that she has hording tendencies and that is evident, and her anxiety is through the roof.

All of that said, the worst part is that as her mother I want to fix it for her, but I can’t, and that makes me sad. I can see her trying so hard to get control of herself, and I try to help her, but there’s just some things even a mother can’t fix. (though I try really hard) Anyway, sorry for the vent I just had to get that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.