
Hailey has been great about patching ever since we got the patches from Patch Pals. She has one to match almost every outfit. She has to wear it full time so we felt it was important to get her some she would be happy with.
For the most part everyone has been great about asking her why she has the patch. The kids used to make fun of the band aids, but have never made fun of these which has made patching a whole lot easier.
When we started patching full time the eye Dr. told up that he would check her every month for one year, and then when that year was up we would see where we were with things. Hailey took that to mean that we would only be doing this for one year. On Monday a year will be up and we are going for a full eye exam. Based on the months of checking I don't think we will be done with patching.
I had prepared Hailey for another year of patching and, she was starting to be OK with it. And then it happened. We were on vacation and eating at a restaurant. Hailey had gotten up to go to the restroom and when I turned around to look for her I noticed that she was talking to a man and had a horrified look on her face. I immediately got up and went over there and realized that the man had asked Hailey if she had an eye under her eye patch. REALLY?! I couldn't believe that he would ask her that.
Now Hailey is determined more than ever that Monday will be the end of patching. I'm afraid she is going to be heart broken when she finds out that we will continue. Some people are just plain stupid!




Thanks for sharing your daughter's story! People are idiots - the comments that others say to my daughter are really "Something" - usually its the grownups that say the inappropriate things too vs the kids. Kids ask questions but my daughter tends to be able to brush that off easier.
ReplyDeletePOPPA HERE,
ReplyDeleteI'M STILL TRYING TO FIGURE THIS POSTING THING OUT. "OUCH"
AS TO THE REAL DUNCE. HE NEEDS A LITTLE ADJUSTMENT IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN !!!!!!
THE BEST WAY IS THROUGH PRAYER.BECAUSE GOD CAN CURE STUPIDITY